Monday, June 14, 2010

Life on a budget

My family is best described as working class. We live from paycheck to paycheck. It has been this way ever since I can remember. But I still consider us fortunate than most. We have a roof over our heads and eats two square meals a day with a snack in between, thanks to me. My mom, on her good days, treats us to feasts once in a while. All in all, I would classify us as lower middle class.


However, when you are earning money and you are in the company of friends who has lots of money, you tend to splurge. I am guilty of that. How many times have I treated myself to a movie or a Starbucks coffee three times a week? How many times have I gone to the city to enjoy the company of friends without care if I will have money to pay my dues the next month?


True, I know that I need to treat myself from time to time. But I have been indulging myself over the last 9 months that I have lost sight of my goals. I have used up my savings and amassed a six-figure debt. It’s time to take control of and regain my life back. This is the primary purpose of this blog – to remind me that I don’t have alot of money and that I need to take better care of finances. I am starting this because I have faith in myself; that I can enjoy life without getting broke. I hope there’s someone out there who’ll follow me in my journey and be my personal cheering squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment