Saturday, July 10, 2010

Budget Tinola

MISSION:  Cook Tinola for Under 100 


I am not a good cook. It's not because I don't know how, but I don't have the passion for it. But I like cooking tinola because my daughter loves it and it's one of the few dishes that I can cook without hearing a negative comment from my siblings. Lol.

So last Sunday I made tinola for Lunch for under a 100 pesos. I bought half a kilo chicken for 65 pesos, a Knorr chicken cube for 5 pesos, and Magic Sarap for 3 pesos. I already have garlic and onions at home so I didn't buy those; I estimate them for about 5 pesos. The ginger I bought for 5 pesos and I used sayote instead of green papaya. Two pieces of sayote cost me 15 pesos. I didn't use dahon ng sili  and used malunggay leaves instead, which I got for free from the neighbor. All in all the total cost of that dish is 93 pesos! 


MISSION: ACCOMPLISHED







No comments:

Post a Comment